- 21-Feb-2014 to 22-Apr-2014 (CST)
- Tillsonburg, ON, CAN
- Full Time
The Controller is responsible for the overall integrity of internal and external financial reporting to all stakeholders of the Company and assumes full responsibility for the accuracy and integrity of the general ledger accounts and timeliness of reporting to stakeholders.
Office / Business Trips on a needs basis.
1.0 Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure accuracy and integrity of all financial records and timeliness of all external financial reporting and internal management reporting. Ensure integrity via communication with Management of all financial records for working capital items, fixed assets, accruals, and payables and all balance sheet accounts.
• Prepare month end financial statements including trend statements, monthly comparatives and , labour graph reports and updated financial forecasts with cooperation of Financial Analyst and direction from Director of Finance. Perform financial variance analysis on actual results versus budget and prior year for the P&L, balance sheet and cashflow.
• Prepare with the assistance of the Cost Analyst, a weekly, monthly and YTD internal Management report explaining all labour efficiency variances (actual vs BOM) and all material and overhead variances to the BOM , including but not limited to usage , scrap, revaluation, and inventory adjustment variances.
• Act as the gatekeeper of the general ledger ensuring timely and accurate account reconciliations and proper backup up and audit trail of all system generated and any manual journal entries.
• Provide timely internal information to management for review and appropriate action.
• Perform/supervise daily and weekly treasury functions and bank reporting, including the DLR report, wire transfers, and daily transfers. Update Money Monitor and provide cashflow projections.
• Ensure timely government related remittances and payments.
• Partner with the IT department and Plex Manager of Information Analyst to integrate and automate all journal entries where appropriate and recommend changes in Plex integration and Management reporting through Plex, including but not limited to payroll reporting and Pension related reporting.
• Assist in all tax planning initiatives and integration of growth initiatives from a system perspective.
• Supervise a staff of four to ensure timely recording of all accounting jobs, capital assets, tooling requirements and cost accounting activities.
• Assist Director of Finance in financial projections related to growth initiatives, capital spending and tooling justification and with financial projections related to sales and bill of materials.
• Partner with Director of Engineering, Director of Operations, Director of Human Resources, Plant Managers, Engineering Managers, Director of Quality Manager, Purchasing Manager and Sales personnel to ensure timely reporting and analysis of information.
• Partner with Plex Manager and Cost Analyst analyst to implement a standard costing system complete with appropriate and timely reporting of PPV's, Plant/Machine efficiencies and scrap reporting etc.. The rollout of this standard costing system to be in cooperation with the respective Operational and Purchasing personnel.
• Lead the year end annual audit process and provide information on a timely basis.
• Lead All third party audits with appropriate information and timeliness.
2.0 Working Conditions
• Office environment/room temperatures
• Business travel on a needs basis.
3.0 Minimum Education / Training Required
• Completion of College/University degree.
• 5-10 years experience in progressive financial positions, preferably in the automotive industry
• A designated accountant (CA, CMA, CGA)
• Advance skills in Excel and ERP systems, preferably Plex.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings