The Plant Manager – Production is responsible for supervision and coordination of the activities of employees engaged in the Stamping / Assembly Departments at Marwood. Included in the department responsibilities, are the Maintenance, Tooling, Shipping / Receiving, Material Planning and Plant Quality departments for the plant.
Office / Production Department Areas.
1.0 Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide leadership for developing and directing manufacturing and plant initiatives for plant activities.
• Ensure that all employees are able to understand and demonstrate all job competencies as indicated in the employee job description.
• Assist Director of Operations and other department managers when deciding on production issues related to equipment and machinery.
• Ensure New Employees Orientation Program within department.
• Ensure all Legal Employment Due Diligence Compliance requirements are met.
• Facilitate appropriate career development and training plans for staff, and maintain appropriate records and documents related to training.
• Improve production standards through process and plant layout improvements within the plant using internal and external support.
• Completion of business cases to support additional capital equipment for plant improvements.
• Schedule staff and resources for regular and overtime to meet customer requirements.
• Support the requisition of raw material and equipment for the department.
• Work closely with the Quality, Maintenance, Materials, Engineering, and Tooling departments to identify and resolve all production related problems.
• Support all departments when launching new products in the department.
• Create and implement repeatable scoring metrics for all manufacturing and production operations for process improvements and employee development.
• Responsible for the shipping and receiving of materials within operation.
• Advise HR on employee performance issues and labour utilization requirements.
• Maintain confidentiality and advise Senior Management on all important issues.
• Inform all department members of relevant information through periodical scheduled departmental meetings.
• All other relevant duties.
2.0 Working Conditions
• Office environment / room temperatures.
• Production floor within Marwood.
• Related trips both within and outside of Canada.
3.0 Minimum Education / Training Required
• Five (5) years plus Production / auto parts experience.
• Direct knowledge of manufacturing methodologies including inventory control, control of required labour levels and equipment utilization.
• Excellent communication skills for development of employees and interaction with internal and external customers and suppliers.
4.0 Special Training Required to Perform Job
• Company New Employee Orientation/Relevant training.
• Welding / Stamping / Robotic operations and applications.
• All company and job related policies, procedures, and practices.
• Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP) development and documentation completion.
• Technical Standards 16949, Plex System, and 5S Awareness Training.
• WHMIS/Lockout and TDG.
• OHS Awareness Training relevant to job competencies.
• Working knowledge of all employment regulations requirements.
5.0 Physical Demands Requirements
• Must be physically fit to perform essential duties of job.
6.0 Tools and Equipment Required
• Office equipment - computer, telephone, fax, photocopier, etc.
7.0 Materials Worked With (MSDS)
• Minimal exposure risk.
• Office hazards minimal
• Production area hazards minimal to medium.
• Hazards include machine / processes, etc.
9.0 Personal Protective Equipment Required
• CSA approved safety shoes.
• CSA approved safety eyewear.
• CSA approved hearing protection.
• PPE as required by company policies, procedures, and practices.