- 08-May-2014 to 07-Jul-2014 (CST)
- Tillsonburg, ON, CAN
- Full Time
The Cost Accountant is integrated within the Engineering Department, and provides program costing analysis, reviews purchasing terms and negotiated payments, creates spread sheets, reports, etc.
This position is the analytical support for Advanced Engineering and the V.P. of Business Development, reporting directly to the Director of Finance. Responsible for the analysis of all financials with respect to new programs and financial reporting for all existing parts.
- Office / Production area / Travel to customer/supplier sites
1.0 Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and assist in all financial activities of the business unit operation.
- Assist in reviewing all quoting activity for respective Business Unit/Customer, where required and requested.
- Take the lead in creating ROI packages for review by the V.P. of Business Development, Director of Finance and President of Marwood.
- Assist Program Managers on all financial matters pertaining to Gate Review Check Sheets.
- Review all negotiated terms on Purchased Tooling and Capital, reporting back to Finance department for cash flow management.
- Understand complexities of automotive PPAP submissions from a financial impact perspective, especially as it relates to the variety of customers within Marwood.
- Create financial spreadsheet for analyses and evaluations
- Review all Marwood Cost Sheets prior to submission to customer or Marwood Senior Management.
- Help in evaluating and manage Cost Packages, ensuring that product is performing above minimum gross margin.
- Attendance at Gate Review Meetings related to any financial impact to the company.
- Will take daily direction from Business Unit Managers, Director of Engineering, V.P. of Business Development.
- Must be able to work within a Program Team atmosphere, conducting themselves professionally, and managing his/her timing around the requirements of the Program Teams.
- Must have ability to simultaneously work with engineering, senior management and financial personnel.
2.0 Working Conditions
- Office environment / room temperatures
- Plant and production trips
- Travel to external sites
- Travel to customer sites
- Travel between various Marwood Manufacturing locations
3.0 Minimum Education / Training Required
- A post-secondary education in either business, or finance
- Knowledge of traditional financial models, terms, metrics
- Knowledge of applicable company policy and procedures
- Reasonable level of industry experience and understanding
- High understanding of organizational responsibilities, can work with various departments to accomplish needed results
- Maintain personal integrity; conform to all applicable laws, regulations and policies.
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to work well with all levels of personnel
- An excellent command of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint software
- Must be able to listen to employees and understand and help resolve problems
4.0 Special Training Required to Perform Job
- Company New Employee Orientation
- All job related policies, procedures and practices
5.0 Physical Demands Requirements
- Must be physically fit to perform essential duties of job (refer to PDA)
6.0 Tools and Equipment Required
- Office equipment – computer, telephone, fax, photocopier, etc.
7.0 Materials Worked With
- refer to relevant MSDS's
- Office hazards minimal
- Production area hazards minimal
9.0 Personal Protective Equipment Required
- CSA approved safety shoes
- CSA approved safety eyewear
- PPE as required by company policies, procedures, and practices
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings